.

.
.

Friday, April 19, 2013

Withered


 My brain is withered like my sugar substitute plant. I can't remember the name. It posted before when it was green and lush. It was more withered, luckily I brought it in and remembered to water it.

My Facebook friend reminded me.

Stevia rebaudiana: Sweet Leaf Plant

My friend told me about this plant Stevia which is used a a sugar substitute. I have not tried using my plant, and it looks like a beautiful pot plant. The girl at the garden centre told me I have to bring it indoors in winter. 

Same as this lily plant. It will spring up in spring.

he PhotoHunt for this weekend is 'Wither'~ Wither ~


http://whistlestopphotohunt.blogspot.co.nz

8 comments:

Furries said...

What a sad sight. Hopefully you can get it to sprout again.

YTSL said...

Nature sure is amazing -- in that plants so withered can spring back to life with some water and light! :)

eastcoastlife said...

How to use this plant as a sugar substitute? Crushed and use the juice for baking? Or can just put several leaves into a pot of tea to sweeten it?

Sreisaat said...

So sad. My plants share the same plight, too. This year's summer has been hotter than the year before :( Hopefully the summer rain comes soon to nourish the dry earth. Have a great weekend.

Sreisaat Adventures

Bing said...

oh, poor plant. interestimg that there are plants that could be substitutes.

Anonymous said...

Amazing how quickly a withered plat can come back to life once it has some water. Great pics for this week's theme.

Have a great weekend.

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Spring is coming!

magiceye said...

Cool takes on the theme