.

.
.

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

ABC Wednesday H for Hedgehog and hibiscus

I am passionate about the environment and I get furious when people don't take care of her. Recently some idiots played badminton and left the net on the ground.

The net trapped two little hedgehogs, a mum and a baby. I thought they were almost dead. My Sri Lankan neighbours cut the net and released the hedgehogs. They Hindus and don't believe in harming the animals.

As you can image, with the pricks, the rescue mission took a long time. One leg of the baby was so swollen that it ballooned four times it's normal size.

I told them to put some water on the grass. The hedgehogs were so dehydrated that they lapped up the water.

Three hours later in the twilight, they had gone. I was so relieved.

Photo

Photo
http://abcwednesday-mrsnesbitt.blogspot.co.nz/




5 comments:

ellen b. said...

Oh I'm so glad the Hedgehogs were saved. Love seeing the hibiscus, too.

photowannabe said...

Your friends were true Heros.
I'm glad the Hedgehogs survived.

Roger Owen Green said...

Good for you and your neighbors!
ROG, ABC Wednesday

Leslie: said...

So glad you were able to save the poor little thing. Love your hibiscus!

Leslie
abcw team

Carver said...

Great shots of the hedgehogs and hibiscus. I'm glad the hedgehogs were rescued. Carver, ABCW-T