.

.
.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

ABC Wed: letter F for fish pond.

Fish ponds and Ferries were things of my heritage. Grandpa reared fish and we helped during harvesting time. For save the world meme, rearing fish means you can have fish throughout the year and no be dependent on the seasons.




My friend  John Bennet from Bintangnor sent me these ferry photos. It brings me fond memories of another ferry that used to ply further up the river at My maternal grand parents' at Durin. That ferry had been replaced by a bridge.







http://abcwednesday-mrsnesbitt.blogspot.co.nz



4 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

I love ferries. Then again, I love waterways...
ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Carver said...

Fish pond is a great idea For F.

Reader Wil said...

Hi Ann! You probably know that we have a similar ferry here in my village, to cross the river in order to get to the windmills! Why do ferries are the same everywhere in the world.;)

Anonymous said...

well visiting the fishpond is always the great experience I also love to be on of mine and I'm planing for it.
EPDM Pond Liner Repair