.

.
.

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Save the world/photohunt: Zesty- Christine Maslowski











8th ~ Zesty
Synonyms: Dynamic, effervescent, energetic, enthusiastic

This week's Zesty sent me to google the meaning of this word. I had known ZEST as in lemon Zest and I didn't want to use this definition. My English teacher Dr Jannis would be very pleased with me. This morning, I met this wonderful zesty woman.

Christine Maslowski had invited the water engineer to give his expert advice on some shoreline she and her friends were wanting to save. I tagged along to take photos for my blogs and I am glad I went.

The zesty award of my Photohunt and my save the world goes to Christine who is not only fighting to save the shoreline of Whitford. For the last 10 years she has been fighting to save New Zealand Natives birds by setting traps against rodents like rats and stoats. And protecting the area by gently reminding people not to take their dogs in the protected area. I would have shouting," Hey you, can't you read??" But she didn't.

May be I should nominate her to the Good Sorts on TV1. Unfortunately the people I nominate don't get selected.

http://annkschin.blogspot.co.nz/2012/12/save-worldsunday-stills-saving-birds-in.html


http://annkschin.blogspot.co.nz/2012/04/sunday-stills-birdstalking.html

http://whistlestopphotohunt.blogspot.co.nz/

4 comments:

YTSL said...

Hi Ann --

A very cool post! Like the pics as well as what you wrote. :)

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

I LOVE your take on Zesty! I would have liked to do something similar for this week's theme, but could not find quite the right subject.

Reader Wil said...

Zesty job to protect the birds! Thanks for your visit and comment. I am not a great teacher, but when I am enthusiastic about a subject I do my best to tell about it in an enthusiastic way! And then I notice that my students are also interested in the subject.

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

You are the Definition of Photo-Hunt!
You Zesty girl you!!