.

.
.

Monday, April 30, 2012

Thursday Song: The Jingle Jangle Scarecrow



There is a competition  in Auckland to build a scarecrow.I teach adult ESOl students, and they enjoy this.

"The Jingle Jangle Scarecrow"       Dingle Dangle

When all the cows were sleeping
 and the sun has gone to bed
Up jumped a scarecrow
and shouted very LOUD!
"I'm a Jingle Jangle scarecrow     ( Dingle Dangle)
 with a flippy floppy hat.
 I can shake my arms like this!
 And shake my feet like that!"

When all the hens were the roosting
And the moon has gone to bed
Up jumped a scarecrow
and shouted very LOUD!
"I'm a Jingle Jangle scarecrow      (Dingle Dangle)
 with a flippy floppy hat.
 I can shake my arms like this!
 And shake my feet like that!"

1: We drew posters of a farm with fruit trees and vegetables. I showed them photos of my apple and fig trees that had fruits eaten by birds. The students added animals on the far,

2: We acted out as scarecrows.
choosing different farm animals, the students changed the song ,"when all the cows"  to the particular animal.

3: Two-word alliteration. Learning the vowels AEIOU and the Consonants. We used the first letter of name, in case of a vowel, eg, Eric, we used the second letter.
Changing Jingle Jangle, we sang  
Fanny: Fingle Fangle
Susan  : Single Sangle
Eric   : Ringle Rangle
Sound silly, but the students loved it.

4: We made a giant 2 dimensional scarecrow. Different children made different parts. I used split pins to attach the limbs , head and hat so they "Jingle jangle"

5: For Mothers Day, We our own scarecrows with one limb of their choice that jingle jangle" 

6: writing their own song


It is 10 sleeps to Christmas,
The plums on the tree are getting ripe.
The birds fly to the white fence,
And chirp to themselves,
I am going for that red plum,
That very yummy plum.
I am going for that red plum,
That very yummy plum.







http://youtu.be/xyGagpZRpWU







4 comments:

rainfield61 said...

That is eerie singing the song in a whole black background.

TexWisGirl said...

the scarecrows are cute, but i like the cows. :)

Joe Todd said...

Don't see many scarecrows any more

Ginny Hartzler said...

Very good job with the unusual scarecrows! I never heard this song...where do the cows fit in?