.

.
.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Christmas in The Rocket Park. 2010 and Plunket




http://mellowyellowmonday.blogspot.com/

This year, our church Mt Albert Baptist Church again decided to give the profits to Plunket. I was very happy because I benefited in a big way from Plunket when I was a young Mother.

I was organising my ESOL student volunteers to hand out the goodie-bags when I overheard this lady saying that she is a Plunket lady. I went up to her and asked if she worked at Plunket Landscape Road, and she said yes. I asked if she worked there for a long time, and she said yes. As long as twenty years ago. She said yes.

I hugged her. In my heart, she is symbolic of all the good people who helped me when Andrew was alive. I told her that I was that mother whose baby died. It sort of completed my cycle just as I am writing my book and revisiting that horrible time.

The Plunket Nurse said her name is Jane and asked if I remembered the other nurse. I didn't remember their names or faces, but I remember their kind deeds. They took care of me and my children. Jane said she came to Plunket Landscape Road in 1990, and had heard of me. Of course, I was still going to Plunket in 1990 for my second daughter's excema problem and seeing Dr. Rowley.

Thank you Plunket. You are the “bestiest” as my ESOL kids tell me all the time.

7 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh what a fabulous post, Ann... I'm so glad you found Plunket back then --and also that you can help your church give the profits back to that worthy cause now...

Small world, isn't it, that you met a lady who helped you during that hard time in your life.. God Bless ALL of those who work at a place like Plunket.

Hugs,
Betsy

Elaine Yim said...

Ann, I am so sorry to hear about baby Andrew. I know that losing a child is something a mother can never forget and the pain will never be gone. Meeting the Plunket ladies again and thanking them was like a closure for you. They are doing a good job and so are you.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Looks like a fun daY!

Beautiful shots!

My Mellow Yellow

Emma @plunketnz said...

Hi Ann, thank you for your kind words and your support of Plunket. I am so happy Plunket was there to support you when you needed it. I have shared this blog post with others through our social media channels.

lina@home sweet home said...

I'm so touched with your post, Ann

EG CameraGirl said...

It's hard for me to think of Christmas in the summer, Ann. :)

George said...

Thanks for a very uplifting post. It's wonderful that you could meet and thank a Plunket worker this way.