.

.
.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

watery wednesday: Too much water



http://waterywednesday.blogspot.com/
Storms have dumped tonnes of water on to southeast Queensland in the last three days, flooding low-lying areas and causing homes to be evacuated.

On the Sunshine and Gold Coasts, traditional favourite holiday spots for New Zealanders, gale force winds lashed the resort towns.

Waves offshore rose to 7m while wind gusts over 100km/hr were reported.

I saw this shag at a private jetty on a private island on the Gold Coast. It took off as soon as I got near.

6 comments:

rainfield61 said...

The weather is "watery" for the whole day. Thanks for your watery Wednesday.

Coffeeveggie addict. said...

ummm,too bad for those home owners,h0pe they will be ok after the flo0d.... my watery wednesday

DoanLegacy said...

I hope those homes are not too damage, and will be ok. Great photo!

Kim, USA said...

That is one thing if we live close to a river, we don't know when Mother Nature dump water on us, and I don't like flood much so earthquake, I've through all that growing up in the Philippines. Hope everyone is safe. Happy Wednesday!
Watery Wednesday-The pond

George said...

I hope the weather has improved for you, but I do like this photo of the bird surrounded by water.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Beautiful photo, Ann.... Sorry you have had too much rain... We still desperately need some here ... SO--please BLOW it this way.

Thanks for you nice comments on my blog today... You are so very special... Glad you read more of my blog --and my story...

I probably need to call you SNOW from now on... That would definitely tie us together...

Hugs my friend,
Betsy