.

.
.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

abc wednesday: letter C



http://abcwednesdayround3.blogspot.com/
ABC Wednesday is hosted by Mrs. Denise Nesbitt

Charity for cancer awareness, jet skiing across continents.

http://ann-mythoughtsandphotos.blogspot.com/2010/07/scenic-sunday-jet-ski.html My Sunday post generated a lot of interests. Undoubtedly all over the world, many critics call Jeremy Burfoot crazy for his attempt.

I have included our Television news item. When you click on it, allow a few seconds of advertisement. It is worthed the wait.

Apparently, in Europe, he is traveling on the waterways, most of the journey is along the coast, except when he leaves Sri Lanka for Singapore, Indonesia for Australia, and from Australia to New Zealand.

Jeremy Burfoot has already circumnavigated New Zealand on a jetski to raise cancer awareness - now the airline pilot is taking his message 32,000 kilometres further.

Mr Burfoot sets out tonight on a mission to ride his jetski from London to Auckland. He will cross the North Sea to Rotterdam, ride the Rhine and Danube, head to Turkey, then Egypt, the Suez Canal and the Red Sea. After that he will hit Yemen, Oman, Pakistan, India Sri Lanka and Singapore, then travel on to Australia and finally New Zealand.

I suspect he must have sponsors to finance his trip. I am not sure.

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/kiwi-jet-skier-begins-32-000km-trip-3681959/video

* The photo was taken in Australia, it is not the jet ski in the story.*

14 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

That is quite an endeavor. He has my respect.

Sylvia K said...

Quite an endeavor indeed! That's wonderful! Thanks for sharing that with us! Enjoy your day, Ann!

Sylvia

Cheryl said...

I love someone with the courage of his convictions. Thanks for an inspirational post.

Hildred said...

A great adventure for a good cause, - more power to him!

Halie said...

great post!

it's a good cause too. my salutations!

nathalie
abc team

Ginny Hartzler said...

This video was extremly interesting! Showing that map with the yellow marker of his route really showed me just what he's doing. And wow, I had never thought of pirates, but they could be a problem! Who are in the other two jetskis with him, reporters, friends?

Unknown said...

Very daring. Inspirational! Hope it goes well for him.
Best wishes,
Anna

Linda said...

I'm always fascinated by individuals who dare to do things that by most people's standards would be incredibly risky. The cause is a worthwhile one and the pursuit is fascinating. Thanks for posting.

Linda
ABC Wednesday Team

jay said...

Wow ... that is quite an undertaking! He'll have to cross a lot of open sea at times, won't he? Good luck to him!

On behalf of the team, thanks for taking part in ABC Wednesday this week! :)On behalf of the team, thanks for taking part in ABC Wednesday this week! :)

Roger Owen Green said...

Don't think he's CRAZY. COMMITTED, to be sure (and NOT in the crazy sense of the word.)

ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Kim, USA said...

I have all my respect to people who tried their best to help any kind of cause. Some people can't just be happy about it. Happy Wednesday!

ABC Wednesday

Tes said...

He has my respect and admiration. Such a heart-warming and inspiring story. I am a cancer survivor myself, My heart swells when I read stories like yours. Thanks for sharing this with us, Ann :)

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

that's amazing efforts.
cancer is quite a challenge.
Good luck!

Tumblewords: said...

I wish him well! Thanks for posting this - I was not aware of it, til now.