.

.
.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Watery Wednesday/Outdoor Wednesday



http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com


http://waterywednesday.blogspot.com/

At the Queen Elizabeth Square in Auckland city, I am fascinated by this unusual fountain. It has a flame on top of it. It doesn't go off even in the rain.

This square is an entry to the Britomart Transport Centre and the start of Queen Street. It is in the vicinity of the Ferry Terminal. This transitory paved area features a Kauri forest and a fire boulder water feature.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Fascinating! Like an eternal flame.

Ah Ngao said...

hi Ann,how's your CNY ? puts on a few lbs? yeah,the water fountain is special.wonder the flame goes off or not if heavy downpour...?

Unknown said...

How interesting that the fire never goes out!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

The fountain is at a very sweltered part of a U shaped square. It is gas fueled. I supposed it is similar to the gas fires at gas convertion plants I see In Miri area and Tregganu. I always wonder what a waste to burn all those gas.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Oh dear. I mean sheltered, not sweltered, though yesterday we had sweltered weather. It was 28 degrees and humidity of 97 %. I taught my students the word Muggy.