.

.
.

Monday, November 30, 2009

Ruby Red: Inflatable Jandal




Hurray, Summer is here, the lifeguards are officially at the beach to rescue you if you get into trouble.

http://www.slsnz.org.nz/NationalJandalDay/Front/Front.aspx?ID=9939

Jandal is a hybrid word in New Zealand for Japanese Sandals, and is very popular and well loved that the Jandal is a national Icon.

Three summers ago, they sold key chains which I still use for my car. It's bright red and yellow means it is easy to locate, and at the right size too.

My students were pumping up these inflatables and emphasized to me that it is not meant to be a floatation devise. It is a toy.

My colleagues J and A both have children who are volunteer life guards.

5 comments:

Ensurai said...

New word for me...I love words...and sometimes I think so fast I put two words together.

EG CameraGirl said...

That is one very big sandal. I'd be terrified to meet the guy these fit. ;-)

Anonymous said...

That's so cute! Something you'd expect a Japanese cartoon monster to wear.

Jama said...

That's a big Jandal! Last time it's more commonly known as the 'selipar jepun' ( japanese slipper), not it's knows as flip flop.

Tiago said...

I love your beaches, I went to a best real estate agents last yearto check how much worth a summer house there, and actually they are not so expensive. Perhaps someday I will buy something and spend my summers under your gorgeous sun.