.

.
.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

abc wednesday: Letter S for sculptor and sculpture



http://abcwednesdayround3.blogspot.com/

Last month, when I was at the Parnel Rose garden festival, I was attracted by the sculptures and the sculptor busy at work. As he was busy, I did not make him stop to chat with me as I did with Alan Pitts and Abdul-Satar A. Jawad. I took his photo for this post.

Here is New Zealand Uenuku Hawira at work. The Ponga is a big fern tree.

http://www.designandsculpt.com/

New Zealand Ponga carved into sculptures by artist Uenuku Hawira. Utilising inspiration from his family and travels, then fusing it with a firey passion for art and design.

Uenuku exhibits his sculptures at many different outdoor markets and events throughout New Zealand, usually demonstrating his carving live for all.

2 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

I'd hate doing my craft publicly like that, personally.

Sylvia K said...

I have to agree with Roger, I'd have trouble doing "my" thing publicly, but I think it's great if there are those who can! Great post!

Enjoy!

Sylvia