.

.
.

Friday, March 20, 2009

Fruit Salad (Monstera_deliciosa.)













Two weeks ago, I picked an unripe Fruit Salad for my uncle, and left in in my pantry and forgot about it. This morning, I found it had ripened with a ripe banana fragrance, and bits of the fruit was dropping like kernels of sweet corn.

I went to my garden and snapped the frutis at it's different stages.I am not very adventurous in eating unfamiliar food, but I think when my brother-in-law comes from Borneo, he will try it.

The leaves are sold in florists shops for forage decor. One evening, I watched an American foodie TV show. One of the contestant used the leaf on her plate in her Caribbean themed dinner. I was thinking, I could sell my fruit salads fruits as organic fruits, and the leaves to a florist.

3 comments:

Tammie Lee said...

These are wonderful! I wonder what they taste like. If they are indeed edible I would try it!

Baruch said...

That is so beautiful. Reminds me of the very LARGE one we had in our garden in South Africa. The common name for it there is Delicious Monster. Had no idea you could eat the fruit though - we were raised believing all of the plant was poisonous.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Hi Tammie,

They are edible. They sell them in the smaller markets. My brother in Australia tells me that they taste like unripe pineapples.

Abb