.

.
.

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Auckland International festival.1





When I was a student at the University of Windsor, every year, we celebrated the International day. It was vibrant with lots of dancing, food and traditional clothes. When my Somalian student made me promise that I would go, I promised her I would. I was not disappointed.

I am posting some photo. Some are taken from the back as I didn't want to be obvious that I was taking their photos without their permission. There were some ladies in very fine traditional clothes.

This International festival is held by the Auckland City Council.


If you love trying different food, listening to ethnic music and meeting people from other cultures, then the Auckland International Cultural Festival is just the event for you.
This free festival is a celebration of Auckland's richness and diversity of cultures and a great opportunity for new refugees and migrants to have a sense of place and feel more connected, while displaying with pride the cultural variety they bring to our city. A feast for the senses, you can walk the world in a day, enjoying the people, music, dance, food, arts, crafts, displays and so much more from over 40 nations in just seven hours!

No comments: